Tasmanian Masters Athletics Records
Our club maintains a database of state records for Masters athletics. Records are maintained in five year age groups. Tasmanian Masters records can only be set by financial members of TMA or members of other states or countries competing in Tasmania.
Requirements for Records
Athletes are to notify the meet manager if they think they are likely to break a record on a Wednesday night, so that steps can be taken to have appropriate lap recorders, watches and wind gauge available.
Statistician / Records Officer
GPO Box 2148, Hobart, 7001
- If a record is shown in the top section of a box this indicates a Tasmanian Open Record, being the best performance achieved within Tasmania by a Masters athlete who lives outside the state.
- If a record is shown in the bottom section of a box this indicates a Tasmanian Residential Record, being the best performance achieved anywhere in the World by a TMA member. If this is the only record shown in the box, it is also a Tasmanian Open Record.
- Abbreviations used, and their meanings:
- WR – Indicates a World Record performance.
- AR – Indicates an Australian Residential Record performance.
- (NSW), (Q), (SA), (V), (WA) etc – Indicates the home state of a Tasmanian Open Record holder (where known)
- (NZ), (GER) etc – Indicates the home country of a Tasmanian Open Record holder (where known)
- Times recorded to 2 decimal places of a second indicates that electronic timing equipment was used.
- For many years the date of records were recorded as month and year only those details are now shown as the first day of the month.