Surf Coast Century ultra-marathon
The Surf Coast Century is one of Australia’s most popular and well respected ultra-distance trail running events, set along Victoria’s Great Ocean Road coastline.
- 100km or 50km
- Do it solo, or in a relay team of 2-4 people
- Course Map at SurfCoastCentury.com.au
This spectacular course is like no other in Australia. Be taken on an extraordinary journey below towering sea cliffs, along remote beaches, through captivating wildflower hinterland, and the chance to experience running beside kangaroos and other unique Australian fauna (think koalas, echidnas and parrots!)
It is also regarded as the perfect event for first time ultra marathon runners with great on-course support, accessible trails, and flat(ish!), non-technical terrain. Not to mention the opportunity to explore the Great Ocean Road region before or after event weekend.
Where & When
The 8th edition of the event starts and finishes in Anglesea, Victoria.
- Saturday 21 September, 2019.
- Recommended accommodation at the Great Ocean Road Resort (across the road from the start line.)
- Fly in to Avalon Airport – just 45mins up the road.