Aust. Masters Games Adelaide
The Australian Masters Games is a biennial sporting event that is regarded as one of the premier and largest participation sporting events on the Australian sporting landscape. In 2019 the 17th edition of the Games will be hosted in Adelaide from Saturday 5th to Saturday 12th October.
The Heart Foundation is proud to be the charity partner of the 17th Australian Masters Games. The Games encourages friendly sporting competition while promoting our mutual goal for physical activity for all levels of fitness.
We know that being physically active is great for your heart health: but the reality is that 56% of Australians are not active enough for good health.
Heart disease is Australia’s biggest killer, taking 51 lives every day.
Any physical activity is better than none at all, so being active every day helps delay, prevent and manage heart disease. That’s why we need more people like you; we need more heart health champions!
You can help to spread the word to encourage others who need support to get active. Sharing your Australian Masters Games story and your passion for exercise and fitness can help your friends and family to get up and get going.
Heading to Adelaide this October? Start training: the Games begin in only 6 months! Your heart will thank you.
Don’t miss out on the Gold entry period which closes in less than a month on Wednesday 1 May. Benefits of Gold entry include:
- A discounted Games entry fee of $110* (*plus your sport fee);
- Priority access at the Games accreditation centre;
- A special Gold accreditation pass and
- A commemorative 17th Australian Masters Games pin (not available in the merchandise line)
- With over 50 sports to choose from there is something for everyone. And remember you only have to pay the Games entry fee once, so why not make the most of the week and try out a new sport like trail running, table tennis or petanque?
For further information see the below website