Carnival Running Tasmania
Carnival running is a tradition of over 130 years in Tasmania. Members of Tasmanian Masters Athletics have the opportunity to participate in a series of handicapped events at carnivals scheduled from November 2018 through to January 2019.
All events are handicapped which gives masters athletes of all ages and abilities the opportunity to receive a reward for their efforts. These rewards vary from carnival to carnival but can include prize-money; sashes and trophies.
The Carnival schedule with closing dates for entries is:
- 25 November (11am start) – Richmond – 70m; 300m; 1600m. Entries close 18 November.
- 1 December (11am start) – Central Coast, Penguin – 300m. Entries close 25 November.
- 22 December (11am start) – Rosebery – 300m. Entries close 10pm 5 December.
- 29 December (TBA) – Devonport – 100m; 400m; 1600m. Entries close 6pm 12 December.
- 1 January (11am start) – Burnie – 300m; 1600m Entries close 10pm 14 December.
- 6 January (11am start) – New Town, Hobart – 100m; 300m & 800m. Entries close 18 December.
- 20 January (10.30am start) – St Helens – 300m. Entries close 13 January.
Online entry is available on the Tasmanian Athletic League website. Please click on the link below.
A small entry fee is charged for each event. Registrations for events become available as they draw closer.